• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD and property accounting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD and property accounting?

Hi,

I have a limited company which was for contracting but I want to turn it into a property investment company. SJD say they can do property accounting as well as contracting, just trying to gauge how good they are at it? I think they used to work with another company that did the property accounting but they want to bring it in-house now?

I still have another company that I contract through and it seems to make sense to keep to one accountant to advise against both companies and my personal tax. Anyone know other UK-wide accountants that are good at both? Looking for decent tax advice.

Any experience please?

Accounting is accounting. If they say they can handle it, then assume they can. They are a firm of accountants after all. Call them up and discuss your thoughts and intentions. This should hopefully give you an indication as to whether they are you to task.

Comment

As above.

I am in the same boat, as t'were, with my properties, in my Consultancy Ltd Co, with my accountant.

All fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mekondelta View Post
        Hi,

I have a limited company which was for contracting but I want to turn it into a property investment company. SJD say they can do property accounting as well as contracting, just trying to gauge how good they are at it? I think they used to work with another company that did the property accounting but they want to bring it in-house now?

I still have another company that I contract through and it seems to make sense to keep to one accountant to advise against both companies and my personal tax. Anyone know other UK-wide accountants that are good at both? Looking for decent tax advice.

Any experience please?
        If you have retained profit that you are planning to extract by way of a capital distribution, you need to be careful not to turn the business from a trading business into an investment business as can jeopardise the capital (tax efficient) treatment. Get proper advice from SJD (assuming they offer it).

Andrew

Comment

Working...
        X