SJD and property accounting? SJD and property accounting?
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Nervous Newbie

Default SJD and property accounting?

Hi,

I have a limited company which was for contracting but I want to turn it into a property investment company. SJD say they can do property accounting as well as contracting, just trying to gauge how good they are at it? I think they used to work with another company that did the property accounting but they want to bring it in-house now?

I still have another company that I contract through and it seems to make sense to keep to one accountant to advise against both companies and my personal tax. Anyone know other UK-wide accountants that are good at both? Looking for decent tax advice.

Any experience please?

Fingers like lightning

Accounting is accounting. If they say they can handle it, then assume they can. They are a firm of accountants after all. Call them up and discuss your thoughts and intentions. This should hopefully give you an indication as to whether they are you to task.

Fingers like lightning

As above.

I am in the same boat, as t'were, with my properties, in my Consultancy Ltd Co, with my accountant.

All fine.

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by mekondelta View Post
    Hi,

I have a limited company which was for contracting but I want to turn it into a property investment company. SJD say they can do property accounting as well as contracting, just trying to gauge how good they are at it? I think they used to work with another company that did the property accounting but they want to bring it in-house now?

I still have another company that I contract through and it seems to make sense to keep to one accountant to advise against both companies and my personal tax. Anyone know other UK-wide accountants that are good at both? Looking for decent tax advice.

Any experience please?
    If you have retained profit that you are planning to extract by way of a capital distribution, you need to be careful not to turn the business from a trading business into an investment business as can jeopardise the capital (tax efficient) treatment. Get proper advice from SJD (assuming they offer it).

Andrew