IR35: Planning for April 2020 – should I stay or should I go? IR35: Planning for April 2020 – should I stay or should I go? - Page 34
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Posts 331 to 334 of 334

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    HMRC's favourite time to send letters is the last Easter and the May bank holidays before they run out of time to do so.

That is actually this April and May - so after these rules kick in..

So I would be very happy to answer the question - sometime in June 2020.

"Quote Originally Posted by Andy2 View Post
    how many tax investigation were done by hmrc when these ir35 rules were enforced in the public sector ?
    That should give an idea about how much risk are we talking about."

Hi I read all 33 pages so thank you for a great amount of info

I hope I do not get barked at for asking whether there were any statistics for number of cases investigated? Do we know anything about how many cases have been opened / closed ?

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
    how many tax investigation were done by hmrc when these ir35 rules were enforced in the public sector ?

I hope I do not get barked at for asking whether there were any statistics for number of cases investigated? Do we know anything about how many cases have been opened / closed ?
    Try a search or read the IR35 reform fora. We've been over this ad infinitum...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post

About zero in the last 2 years

Ipse would never disclose number of cases (even to the CC) as fallen off a cliff and need to keep revenue streams coming in with project fear

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CompoundOverload View Post
    If it's an outside to inside transition same client and you're deemed as inside throughout the engagement, assuming the company upon closure is not investigated, then expect to remortgage house and sell assets at a later date as the liability falls onto the director of the company.... HMRC can still open investigations on closed companies after the event. If you have insurance, at least run that a year or two after the LTD is finished.
    I have a cunning plan. Make my no assets no job no clue son a director, me leave as a director, close the company. Then they can come for him. He and his mum have taken most of the money I ever earned , he can pay some back