• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35: Planning for April 2021 – should I stay or should I go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Ahead

Looking at today's budget it looks like there will be no delay and the soft landing I think is just a ruse

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      This Tweet doesn’t bode well for some...

https://twitter.com/kenbarnett15/sta...441963009?s=21
      is it true ? it does'nt mention company's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        is it true ? it does'nt mention company's name.
        It doesn't need to - that's been part of the HMRC coffee side chat for months.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Which takes us aaaalllllllllll the way back to the title of this thread
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

HMRC gearing Up

HO Compliance Caseworker, Campaigns & Projects - Civil Service Jobs - GOV.UK

Has someone tipped off HMRC that they are going to be busy come April?

"There are 2500 people currently in C&P, and this figure is growing fast."
            Last edited by jsnetman; 12 March 2020, 07:20. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by jsnetman View Post

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by jsnetman View Post

Behaviours
                We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:

Making Effective Decisions
                Working Together
                Communicating and Influencing
                Leadership
                Happy to dob your own family members in to HMRC
                My application is in.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

so the end is near
                  what are most of the guys doing after the end of contract this month, if you have not found another contract ?
                  1. stay at the same client and extend contract inside ir35
                  2. leave and warm the bench

Comment

so the end is near
                    what are most of the guys doing after the end of contract this month, if you have not found another contract ?
                    If I was proven outside, I'd be putting in for SDS, putting in an appeal, etc. Without that, pushing on with option 1 would imho infer that you were accepting that you've been inside all along.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

so the end is near
                      Leaving, the recruitment drive by HMRC has nailed it for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X