• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35: Planning for April 2021 – should I stay or should I go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsnetman View Post
    HO Compliance Caseworker, Campaigns & Projects - Civil Service Jobs - GOV.UK

Has someone tipped off HMRC that they are going to be busy come April?

"There are 2500 people currently in C&P, and this figure is growing fast."
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Soft landing my arse.

250000 contractors / 2500 inspectors =100 per inspector.

Won't take them long to get round everyone....
    Last edited by mondeoman; 12 March 2020, 23:48. Reason: Formatting

Comment

Originally posted by mondeoman View Post
      Soft landing my arse.

250000 contractors / 2500 inspectors =100 per inspector.

Won't take them long to get round everyone....
      We NEVER believed that, anyone who did is a naive idiot.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by jsnetman View Post
        Leaving, the recruitment drive by HMRC has nailed it for me.
        what recruitment drive? i can see only 2 jobs for compliance on Civil Service job search - Civil Service Jobs - GOV.UK

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
          what recruitment drive? i can see only 2 jobs for compliance on Civil Service job search - Civil Service Jobs - GOV.UK
          Try reading the link that was posted
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Try reading the link that was posted
            In my original link there were 10 posts available mid March and that's where I got:

"There are 2500 people currently in C&P, and this figure is growing fast."

and however many were available in previous months but that is conjecture.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              Does this not suggest anything?

HMRC is set to keep its office in Washington open until 2030 - an extra five years - Chronicle Live

"But HMRC has now decided to keep a site in Washington open until 2030, to "help meet its future needs and accommodate a larger workforce than previously forecasted in 2015". "

Comment

IR35 reforms to be delayed for a year

IR35 reforms to be delayed for a year due to coronavirus : CityAM

Comment

Have to admit, this was the most interesting thread on here.

Thanks to all for the information .

My plan is ( determined inside last year)
                  Leave work in December ( have confirmation that a determination will not take place as long as I do not work beyond 15 December)
                  Close my company
                  Try and go to the developing world somewhere and play with motorbikes and visit Buddhist temples

Then only work 6 months of the year , in IT if available or stack shelves at Tescos.

If I take on an IT contract that is inside or outside , use a brolly .

If Rona has taught me anything , it's that we really don't need as much money as we think and it may be time ( 55.5yrs old) to start doing stuff you love.

Comment

Originally posted by rnsuk View Post
                    If Rona has taught me anything , it's that we really don't need as much money as we think and it may be time ( 55.5yrs old) to start doing stuff you love.
                    She is such a perceptive woman!

Comment

Originally posted by rnsuk View Post
                      If I take on an IT contract that is inside or outside , use a brolly .

At 55.5 and with an alternative source of short term income you can use a brolly and pay very little NI. National Min Wage with the rest into a SIPP.

Comment

Working...
                      X