• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it still a legal requirement to show your company details on your website?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it still a legal requirement to show your company details on your website?

What are the current rules here? I ask because we're looking for a local accountant for a new business and one that is listed as a FreeAgent partner displays neither their address nor company number anywhere I can see on their website.

I always thought you had to on every page, or do you just have to have it somewhere... or not at all? If it's a requirement that puts me off because while accountants aren't solicitors I would expect them to know basics.

BTW if anyone uses a FA accountant for non-contracting business and would recommend them, please feel free here or by PM.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Come on dhoogie. A 2 second Google search will sort this. You should know better.

Website legal requirements: laws and regulations in the UK (2018)
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Google doesn't know if the information is correct or trustworthy... relying on whatever Google finds is not good practice.

Comment

You ask what the rules are and there they are. 2 seconds more and you could find the actual legislation.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Google doesn't know if the information is correct or trustworthy... relying on whatever Google finds is not good practice.
          And what someone says in here is! Makes sense...
          "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Yes, because there are people here I trust.

Comment

Running a limited company: Signs, stationery and promotional material - GOV.UK

Comment

He can't click on that link. The government will be watching him.

Comment

Have you checked their website/company name on companies house?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/

Or could you tell us the website and we can research it for you?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Not all accountants practice as a LLP / Limited Company. Some operate as Sole Traders, so finding them on Companies House isn't a given.

I would be more concerned that they are actually members of their relevant Professional Body, ie

Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales Find an accountant | Find a chartered accountant | ICAEW.

Financial Reporting Council

List of Accountancy Bodies and Organisations

Phone them up, and ask them for their Professional Membership status?
                    Last edited by Scruff; 26 September 2019, 13:55.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X