• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MVL - preparing Declaration of Solvency while not in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVL - preparing Declaration of Solvency while not in the UK

I have a company that meets the criteria for beginning an MVL but after reading the steps involved, I need to have the signing of the Declaration of Solvency witnessed by a solictor or notary. Unfortunately, I have left the UK for a long holiday and am not due back till March next year. Has anyone had to deal with preparing a Declaration of Solvency whilst overseas?

Can you just find yourself a local notary and get them to help you?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Any solicitor worldwide can swear it for you, doesn't need to be a UK one.

A common reason for liquidating is emigration, so it's not rare at all that MVLO gets a declaration sworn by an overseas solicitor/notary.

Comment

Working...
      X