• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CMME Fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenomorph View Post
    Hi all
    I been in contact with CMME and they said they see no issues with being able to secure a good deal for me based on my current debt and day rate compared to amount I need to borrow.
    However they said Fee is over £950! Only if application is successful which is something but I am wondering are they expensive for what they do? As I have seen some that do it for £450 or even free.

Thanks
    Mortgage brokers can charge a range of fees, but it is a service you are paying for. For example, we charge up to £395 for our service but that's only payable on submission of a full mortgage application to the lender.

Comment

got it
      will shop around brokers
      thanks all

Comment

Also do as NLUK suggested and chuck some numbers into a mortgage calculator on a few lenders' sites and see how the interest rate varies depending on the LTV. Finding more cash for a deposit can make a huge difference. It may only look a small % (or fraction of) but it's a lot of interest over the lifetime of the loan.

That said, any broker is required to give you a full illustration so you should be fully aware of the interest rate etc before you agree to anything.

Comment

I recently used CMME for a remortgage. A few years ago they didn't charge fees (apart from the commission fee added to the mortgage. They charged an application fee of £499 I believe. This is refunded if the mortgage isn't approved.

They were able to secure a much better rate than I could directly with Halifax. The process was straight forward and handled efficiently.

Comment

Working...
          X