• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT contracting - Breach of contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT contracting - Breach of contract

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Giving notice according to a notice period isn't necessarily the only way a contract can be terminated by the contractor. There should be a section in the contract to list various methods of Termination. Depends what else is in the OPs contract.
    I disagree.
    There might be various reasons for termination, but the point of ‘notice’, with or without a time delay, is notification of termination.

Any termination will require notice to inform the relevant parties of the termination.

A notice ‘period’ is simply a time delay between notifiying of the termination and the actual termination date of the contract.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
      Giving notice according to a notice period isn't necessarily the only way a contract can be terminated by the contractor. There should be a section in the contract to list various methods of Termination. Depends what else is in the OPs contract.
      There will but notice is the only one they works for him in this instance. The others will be dismissal type events for unacceptable actions.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

LA's contracts are infamous for this. In my view they are unenforceable - there's requirement to demonstrate loss and unreasonable restrictions etc. To my knowledge they don't pursue them legally but are used as a threat - most contractors decide to see out the contract rather than being pursued for a fee. The contract usually prevents the contractor from letting the client know and doing anything that might cause the client to terminate the contract early. Now it's done I think riding it out and calling their bluff is probably the best bet but without being the voice of hindsight - I really wish people read contracts before they signed them.

Comment

Working...
        X