Corporation tax starting April 2020 Corporation tax starting April 2020 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 14 of 14

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    It wasn’t a typo. It is satire.
    A deliberate misquote of the Labour Party slogan. Linking them to their anti-semitic views.
    Too subtle????
    Too blanket, IMO. I don't think the LP has 'anti-semitic views.' It tolerates them too much, yes, absolutely. JC certainly has left lots of room for accusations that he has such views, and lots of LP people hate him for it. Perhaps if you'd said it was his slogan, rather than the Labour Party's, I'd be applauding. FWIW.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Too blanket, IMO. I don't think the LP has 'anti-semitic views.' It tolerates them too much, yes, absolutely. JC certainly has left lots of room for accusations that he has such views, and lots of LP people hate him for it. Perhaps if you'd said it was his slogan, rather than the Labour Party's, I'd be applauding. FWIW.
    Little off topic for this forum BUT it’s the Labour Party not Corbyn who are under investigation for racism by the EHRC......
    "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by WordIsBond View Post
    You're over thinking it.....
    I don't really know who thinks what. Nor do I care who thinks what.

The slogan amused me that it was too easy to change to something they are struggling with.
    A bit like "Tony Blair PM" is an anagram of "I'm Tory Plan B"... I've never even checked if it is... Don't care enough, but it amuses me....

Does this belong in General yet?
    I mean very few of the readers will care about corporation tax rates in 6 months anyway.
    See You Next Tuesday

Super poster

You're just trying to get it moved to General so you don't get banned.