• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC intermediaries reporting and its impact?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC intermediaries reporting and its impact?

Hi guys,

I was reading the following information published by HMRC:
    Employment intermediaries reporting requirements - GOV.UK

Does this mean hmrc already knows the contractor's end client, start date, how much they bill and etc?

Is my interpretation right?

Will this data have impact on coming private sector reform in April 2020?

Thanks

Originally posted by wh0ami View Post
    Hi guys,

I was reading the following information published by HMRC:
    Employment intermediaries reporting requirements - GOV.UK

Does this mean hmrc already knows the contractor's end client, start date, how much they bill and etc?

Is my interpretation right?

Will this data have impact on coming private sector reform in April 2020?

Thanks
    From looking at the template, I think it is just the intermediary and PSC details that they receive on a quarterly basis - I don't see anything that suggests they automatically get client or payment details (not to say they cant go back and ask for it of course). This came into play in 2015.

Comment

Hi wh0ami,

The Employment Intermediaries Legislation came into effect in 2015 and all intermediaries that are engaging workers but aren't paying them under PAYE have reporting requirements.

Typically, this is recruitment businesses and they have to report on all umbrella workers and PSC's they engage to HMRC on a quarterly basis.

Kind regards

Zeeshan
      Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Never thought about this before, but what if you are paying a sole trader as a subcontractor?

Comment

Working...
        X