Just been offered to go perm Just been offered to go perm - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Posts 61 to 62 of 62

Nervous Newbie

Default HMRC response

I contract in the city too - I have been adviced that HMRC have made a statement saying that are unlikely to look behind and conversion to permanent employee status unless there has been serious fraud such as deliberately falsifying documents. I think we will be ok. I think HMRC will just be happy to be getting the extra tax money from perm roles.

I am also taking a perm role at my place as of January - lots of us contractors here are, as it suits us in the circumstances. Good salary, good benefits plus decent office works for me for now.

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by devlondon1 View Post
    I contract in the city too - I have been adviced that HMRC have made a statement saying that are unlikely to look behind and conversion to permanent employee status unless there has been serious fraud such as deliberately falsifying documents. I think we will be ok. I think HMRC will just be happy to be getting the extra tax money from perm roles.

I am also taking a perm role at my place as of January - lots of us contractors here are, as it suits us in the circumstances. Good salary, good benefits plus decent office works for me for now.
    You're young, no doubt naïve, which fortunately for you shields you from the reality of the future that has just been taken from you by HMRC.

In a way, I envy you. You have less of a future but so fewer expectations.