• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just been offered to go perm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC response

I contract in the city too - I have been adviced that HMRC have made a statement saying that are unlikely to look behind and conversion to permanent employee status unless there has been serious fraud such as deliberately falsifying documents. I think we will be ok. I think HMRC will just be happy to be getting the extra tax money from perm roles.

I am also taking a perm role at my place as of January - lots of us contractors here are, as it suits us in the circumstances. Good salary, good benefits plus decent office works for me for now.

Comment

Originally posted by devlondon1 View Post
      I contract in the city too - I have been adviced that HMRC have made a statement saying that are unlikely to look behind and conversion to permanent employee status unless there has been serious fraud such as deliberately falsifying documents. I think we will be ok. I think HMRC will just be happy to be getting the extra tax money from perm roles.

I am also taking a perm role at my place as of January - lots of us contractors here are, as it suits us in the circumstances. Good salary, good benefits plus decent office works for me for now.
      You're young, no doubt naïve, which fortunately for you shields you from the reality of the future that has just been taken from you by HMRC.

In a way, I envy you. You have less of a future but so fewer expectations.

Comment

Jan follow up to this - all contractors here offered perm

Jan follow up to this - all contractors here offered perm
        I was the first in oct.

most taking it.

others trying to get jobs with smaller companies to stay contracting.

Comment

Originally posted by devlondon1 View Post

Hi,

Are you aware since 2015 agents have been reporting your details in to HMRC every quarter, because you are "off payroll."

2020 has been a long time coming and been well planned. If I was Hector you would be music to my ears, contractor to permie. Same location, won't take much to join the dots, agency reports/RTI/PAYE. Do you not think this looks like tax avoidance and fraud, hey presto, Hector can make the case inline with his statement.

I'm struggling to understand how naive people are. Met so many Permietractors who have been at the same location for years, because it was "near home". Come April will go permie after speaking to their "accountant". Like their accountant is some guru. Just wait until the brown HMRC envelope drops through the letter box, your accountant won't be losing any sleep.

Whilst I totally disagree with whats coming, I appreciate why its coming.

Comment

Working...
          X