• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long it takes to remove a director from a limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long it takes to remove a director from a limited company

How long it takes to remove a director from a limited company ?

I opened a limited company with 2 director (myself and my partner)

Now problem is that my wife is waiting for her visa, so when I went for opening bank account, she couldn't provide BRP card.

So now I have to remove her, so want to know how long it will take.

thanks

Open a business account with TIDE with only one person able to access

Job done

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Open a business account with TIDE with only one person able to access

Job done

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

I tried with Starling, but they are asking for both directors info.

I will try tide now, thanks.

Comment

Within 24 hours depending on how quickly CH process the application. With any bank, they will need to verify and complete AML checks on officers of the company and shareholders of more than 5% I think

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post
          Within 24 hours depending on how quickly CH process the application. With any bank, they will need to verify and complete AML checks on officers of the company and shareholders of more than 5% I think
          I removed them as PSC and Director, do I must need to remove them as a ShareHolder as well...

Not sure how that can be done...

Comment

Originally posted by testingdeveloper213 View Post
            I removed them as PSC and Director, do I must need to remove them as a ShareHolder as well...

You can't typically "remove someone as a shareholder". They own the shares independently from any role they had with the Ltd company. She could gift the shares to you.

As always, speak to an accountant; there may be tax implications for anything you do here.

Here's a random link for you: https://www.companywizard.co.uk/blog...-a-shareholder
            Last edited by Paralytic; 15 October 2019, 14:34.

Comment

Originally posted by testingdeveloper213 View Post

This would be a more difficult task as you can't just snatch them back. You could potentially create and issue new different class of shares in your company.

Comment

Working...
              X