• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Options at end of 2 year contract (ending March 2020)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exterminate, exterminate!

Personally I really cannot believe the Revenue will go after people retrospectively.

They must be so over-the-moon that they've finally won after all these years of miserable failure they'll be only too pleased to bank all the extra tax flooding in from PAYE. Rather than retreating into the past I suspect they'll be shining the radar for GSK-like attacks on any big lumps of non-compliers. Their new weapons are so much more fun to use to annihilate the scummy evaders.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
      Personally I really cannot believe the Revenue will go after people retrospectively.

They must be so over-the-moon that they've finally won after all these years of miserable failure they'll be only too pleased to bank all the extra tax flooding in from PAYE. Rather than retreating into the past I suspect they'll be shining the radar for GSK-like attacks on any big lumps of non-compliers. Their new weapons are so much more fun to use to annihilate the scummy evaders.
      Why wouldn't they go after them if they believe they were incorrect all the time? They've got a list of everyone outside that should have been inside. No brainer surely? Off the back of their win they can collect much back tax with little effort. I would.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I hope not. But HMRC have form in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Why wouldn't they go after them if they believe they were incorrect all the time?
          To go back to previous contracts HMRC would have to be given lists by the clients because they do not get any information which links a client to a PSC to a director. Not that I can think of. They they might try attacking new umbrella 'employees' but they wouldn't immediately see which of those could be connected to previous assignments (the client won't be reported normally). It would not be straightforward at all to identify targets. For reasons I can't go into, I suspect HMRC would have tremendous difficulty getting the necessary management information.
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

To go back to previous contracts HMRC would have to be given lists by the clients because they do not get any information which links a client to a PSC to a director. Not that I can think of. They they might try attacking new umbrella 'employees' but they wouldn't immediately see which of those could be connected to previous assignments (the client won't be reported normally). It would not be straightforward at all to identify targets. For reasons I can't go into, I suspect HMRC would have tremendous difficulty getting the necessary management information.
            I don't know what reasons you know about; but just thinking about what dots would need to be connected, given those dots I wouldn't imagine being in one database, would suggest it unlikely to be easy.

Comment

They’ll need to get a couple of contractors in to link up the data.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
                They’ll need to get a couple of contractors in to link up the data.
                Ha ha maybe; but on a moral\philosophical point if you had the skills to do this, would you actually do it ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                  Ha ha maybe; but on a moral\philosophical point if you had the skills to do this, would you actually do it ;-)
                  Inside or outside contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    Inside or outside contract?
                    Does it matter? I just wouldn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                      Does it matter? I just wouldn't do it.
                      £1000/day

Comment

Working...
                      X