A Sad “IR35” Day A Sad “IR35” Day - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Posts 91 to 98 of 98

Some things in Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Maslin posted a very good reply about it yesterday but it is on a thread that seems to have been deleted.
    I’m not sure what’s happening here, you aren’t the only one to say this eek, but I’ve had a look through the forums and I can’t find any recent thread deletions. Some posters have deleted their own posts, but that’s different.

I prefer to close threads rather than delete them.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make myself look wise and well read."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    I’m not sure what’s happening here, you aren’t the only one to say this eek, but I’ve had a look through the forums and I can’t find any recent thread deletions. Some posters have deleted their own posts, but that’s different.

I prefer to close threads rather than delete them.

The thread I was trying to find is https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2718940

as I referenced it in a different thread when I was answering the same question twice within a few minutes.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    How many times have HMRC successfully claimed ER tax difference back on someone who has closed a limited company, gone umbrella for a few years and then started another ltd company?
    5 years ago, how many times have HMRC successfully claimed Loan charge?

Even if ER has been low on their radar thus far, the sweeping changes on the market and a wave of MVLs they will surely increase their focus on it.

Do you really want to go toe to toe with HMRC, yet alone when you knowingly break the rules around ER....

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    5 years ago, how many times have HMRC successfully claimed Loan charge?

Even if ER has been low on their radar thus far, the sweeping changes on the market and a wave of MVLs they will surely increase their focus on it.

Do you really want to go toe to toe with HMRC, yet alone when you knowingly break the rules around ER....
    ER is high on their radar as the government have stated they are looking at it. Knowing our luck that will be in the March budget. In which case my pension might be getting a significant boost.

What rule would someone be breaking by going MVL? No one has crystal ball so absolutely impossible to argue you knew what you were going to do.

Loan charge was different.

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    The thread I was trying to find is https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2718940

as I referenced it in a different thread when I was answering the same question twice within a few minutes.
    Not found.. weird. Would have liked to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Training others is a big part of being a contractor. Take that extension.
    Only if this was made clear in the interview.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make myself look wise and well read."

Quote Originally Posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    Not found.. weird. Would have liked to read it.
    Rats, the OP requested that it be removed as his name was too close to his email apparently. I’ll have a word with admin about the rules regarding this, there was good info on that thread.

In the meantime I’ll copy Maslin’s reply and post it in its own thread.