• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A follow up thread from 2015, regarding SC Clearance.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A follow up thread from 2015, regarding SC Clearance.

Hi All,

I'm following up from this thread:
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...tml?highlight=

I have now applied for a new role and I have to go through SC Clearance again. I plan on declaring everything on the form but I am wondering if I will be denied clearance? Secondly, I was going to use the above thread to show I did seek advice on what I should have done. Should I link the vetting officer to the thread?

Again? You mean you got it last time. If so what's the problem?

Read the Sc clearance sticky. The answer to your questions are there many times over.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by soulwaffle View Post
      Hi All,

I'm following up from this thread:
      https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...tml?highlight=

I have now applied for a new role and I have to go through SC Clearance again. I plan on declaring everything on the form but I am wondering if I will be denied clearance? Secondly, I was going to use the above thread to show I did seek advice on what I should have done. Should I link the vetting officer to the thread?
      seek advice? from an anonymous online forum??
      oh, dear.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Again? You mean you got it last time. If so what's the problem?

Read the Sc clearance sticky. The answer to your questions are there many times over.
        Apologies, I meant my clearance from that role expired as I left the position. I have landed a new role which requires SC Clearance. As my clearance expired (2 years have lapsed) I need to go through the process again.

Comment

Slight disconnect here. My first reply to your otiginal post still stands. However if you have actually been given clearance, somthing has changed. That said it makes f*** all difference. Your new role may have a different view on what constitutes a risk. You won't know until you apply and let the vetting do its thing.

BTW telling the vetting agency you've been seeking advice on how to answer the questions will probably mean an instant fail.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Slight disconnect here. My first reply to your otiginal post still stands. However if you have actually been given clearance, somthing has changed. That said it makes f*** all difference. Your new role may have a different view on what constitutes a risk. You won't know until you apply and let the vetting do its thing.

BTW telling the vetting agency you've been seeking advice on how to answer the questions will probably mean an instant fail.
            I see. I've put the following:

I mentioned I did not complete the CPC form and I did not inform my employer. The reason for not informing my employer was because I feared I would lose my employment and at the time I didn't understand that the vetting agency was separate to the company. I understand this does not justify my actions and I was completely in the wrong. I did not complete the CPC form because I did not know such a form existed. I have only now come to learn of this now, after looking for the SC Clearance form online. I spotted the CPC link along the side bar on the .gov website. At the time of my conviction I did look online to see what process I should follow. I came across a forum and asked for advice on what I should do.

Comment

I see. I've put the following:

I mentioned I did not complete the CPC form and I did not inform my employer. The reason for not informing my employer was because I feared I would lose my employment and at the time I didn't understand that the vetting agency was separate to the company. I understand this does not justify my actions and I was completely in the wrong. I did not complete the CPC form because I did not know such a form existed. I have only now come to learn of this now, after looking for the SC Clearance form online. I spotted the CPC link along the side bar on the .gov website. At the time of my conviction I did look online to see what process I should follow. I came across a forum and asked for advice on what I should do.
              Why?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Why?
                Well, I had clearance and I was charged and fined. I did not disclose this to the vetting agency at the time. I'm now going through clearance again and I'm trying to be as open and honest as possible. But reading the replies here its probably not the best idea to mention I had sought advice on this forum. I will take that bit out.

Comment

Well, I had clearance and I was charged and fined. I did not disclose this to the vetting agency at the time. I'm now going through clearance again and I'm trying to be as open and honest as possible. But reading the replies here its probably not the best idea to mention I had sought advice on this forum. I will take that bit out.
                  As has already been explained to you....

Read this sticky. The answer you want is repeated in there ad infinitum.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...questions.html

Comment

Working...
                  X