• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's it should I walk away?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mearcat View Post
    Then maybe taking a full time job or paying PAYE if caught by IR35 is more up your street.
    Not all work is IR35 caught. There's still a decent proportion where the engagement is on a true B2B basis. There is no need to take the approach you're thinking of if you're capable of legally operating a business without believing your company's money is yours.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Not all work is IR35 caught. There's still a decent proportion where the engagement is on a true B2B basis. There is no need to take the approach you're thinking of if you're capable of legally operating a business without believing your company's money is yours.
      We will have to see what happens on the 6th then, but I'm sure there are many many others with the same view.
      The cat is sent among the pigeons.

Comment

We will have to see what happens on the 6th then, but I'm sure there are many many others with the same view.
        The cat is sent among the pigeons.
        So, are you planning to commit fraud or not?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          So, are you planning to commit fraud or not?
          Of course not, I'm a honest straight and narrow company director just like all of you, struggling with a company and what the government throws at us whilst being exploited on unfair pay rates occasionally and a downturn of work.
          I had best give my last lb of flesh and pay everything off before I go.

Comment

Of course not, I'm a honest straight and narrow company director just like all of you, struggling with a company and what the government throws at us whilst being exploited on unfair pay rates occasionally and a downturn of work.
            Unfair pay rates???

Comment

That's it should I walk away?

What is business if you can't work to it's advantages, what do we do it for? If you had overheads what would you do? The law is changing and this is a last result.
              The proposed change to the law is simply about who makes the determination. It won't affect most 'business' as most businesses aren't one man bands, or aren't disguised employees. You should only fear this change if you're the latter. And even then...... all that will happen is you have to pay tax like an emplyee (which is not exactly unfair is it really?).

If you're 'exploited' on 'unfair pay rates' then you're a disguised employee. NOT a business man....

time to wise up...... and if I were you, I'd be speaking to HMRC about how to pay the money back. Unless you like the taste of porridge.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
              X