• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MVL question...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
    If you expect to pay tax as a dividend, why is the title of your thread 'MVL Question'?

I am now very confused.
    Yep

Comment

If you expect to pay tax as a dividend, why is the title of your thread 'MVL Question'?

I am now very confused.
      Perhaps he doesn't have a full understanding of what MVL is? (WIB goes and checks Original Post, nods his head, and wonders why craigy1874 is confused about the title.)

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
        Perhaps he doesn't have a full understanding of what MVL is? (WIB goes and checks Original Post, nods his head, and wonders why craigy1874 is confused about the title.)
        Yeah, I don't know the ins and outs of it, when it is appropriate etc, hence why I'm asking questions.

Comment

*craigy1874 reads thread, finds Maslin's perfect reply and again is confused as to why the OP still isn't understanding...

Comment

*craigy1874 reads thread, finds Maslin's perfect reply and again is confused as to why the OP still isn't understanding...
            WIB reads thread, and sees that OP hasn't actually asked any further questions after Maslin's perfect reply...

WIB also suspects, from questions before Maslin's reply which haven't been precisely answered, that OP wants to know exactly what his take-home would be on those div payments to clear out the old company, but no one can tell him that exactly because it depends, among other things, on how much in divs he's taken this year, what he's going to do about salary on the new company next year, etc. So there are different possibilities, and OP is going to have to go to his accountant for help in working through what is best for him.

Comment

Just to hijack this thread. When you MVL, how long does it actually take before you can legally get the cash?
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                Just to hijack this thread. When you MVL, how long does it actually take before you can legally get the cash?
                Ooh, a couple of months if I remember correctly. Due process has to be followed and you can get it quicker but that costs more. I was in no rush and so I saved money by letting things take their course.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X