• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Receiving payments in euro and accounting them.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiving payments in euro and accounting them.

Just received payment in euro for an invoice I issued in euro.
    Couple of questions:

Which is a good bank to receive euro payments to? Meaning no fees, charges and commission on receiving euro payments. Also normal forex exchange rate.

How do you account for payments in euro? I my case invoice is for X euro, but before I get the payment into my £ account I dont know what am I getting in £.

payments in euro site:forums.contractoruk.com - Google Search
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I use ofx.com
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I use ofx.com
        What for?
        I can see the rate in many places, but still the £ amount will be different due to bank(s) FX rate and/or charges.

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
          What for?
          I can see the rate in many places, but still the £ amount will be different due to bank(s) FX rate and/or charges.

what on earth do you expect?
          It's a market. You buy GBP with your Euros. Different places have different rates.

A better question would be whether you should buy the GBP now, or later... Maybe holding EUR is wise depending on the current political climate.
          You could also lose more than the commission rate by getting it wrong by a day.

I use Transferwise.
          And you account for the cash in GBP for simplicty. Free Agent calculates the exchange rate on a day by day basis so I'd just stick with that.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
            What for?
            For low cost currency exchange. You could try Revolut. I'd explain how to do the accounting as well, but I won't because you're quite rude and I'm not convinced you'd understand anyway. Better ask your accountant what to do.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Use revolt

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Transferwise.

Comment

Transferwise is very easy to use, exchange rates are competitive, fees are low.

Comment

Anyone using starling bank for this?
                    I see now they have browser based access for business bank accounts.
                    Also they use mastercard exchange rate and 0.4% conversion fee. Better than my current bank with 2%+ margin on FX.
                    Anyone tried this?
                    Last edited by pscont; 24 October 2019, 09:09.

Comment

Working...
                    X