• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 month expense rule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Bascially, if more than 40% of your time over the previous 24 months has been spent on site, you cannot claim.
    I see so effectively I would need to start working from home now? whislt I haven't reached the 2 year mark?

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
      I see so effectively I would need to start working from home now? whislt I haven't reached the 2 year mark?
      and get below 40% before you think that you'll exceed 2 years.... oops. that bit's too late now.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        and get below 40% before you think that you'll exceed 2 years.... oops. that bit's too late now.
        What if I close the company down and open a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
          What if I close the company down and open a new one?
          nope. It's your place of work that needs to be temporary. Nothing to do with your company. This is about reimburement of expenses.....

You fired your accountant???????
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Jesus.

Get an accountant man.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Jesus.

Get an accountant man.
              Macro invoked

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                Macro invoked
                Not really. The macro is ask your accountant but the OP doesn't have one.

In some cases, including this one, it's just the best advice.

If he's struggling reading any articles or stickies, which he clearly hasn't despite being told to, then he needs more help.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Did you get rid of your last accountant because he knew what he was doing and advised you accordingly, but you didn’t like his advice?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Jesus.

Get an accountant man.
                    Jesus doesn't need an accountant.
                    He did build my hot-rod though..
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

It's threads like this that make you wonder why you bother...

Perhaps I should rewrite the sticky in words of one syllable:

If you go to a place where you do work more than three days a week and you do not go there and do work for more than two days a week then you are caught by the two year rule on tax... Ermm, no, CBA, it's already as simple as I can make it
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X