• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 month expense rule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It does depend on where you're coming from.

Back when I lived in Sussex and commuted up the Brighton Main Line (sadly not a euphemism), the difference in time and cost between London Bridge and London Victoria was negligible. However, if you're coming from a different part of the country, the time difference is quite significant and the journey also possibly so.
    Similar journey to you. Although instead of to / from LB it's now LV. I'm not sure on the difference in the cost, probably 50 quid more a month, time wise probably an additional 20 mins each way. Not sure if that would be an argument I could use....

Comment

Originally posted by CompoundOverload View Post
      Similar journey to you. Although instead of to / from LB it's now LV. I'm not sure on the difference in the cost, probably 50 quid more a month, time wise probably an additional 20 mins each way. Not sure if that would be an argument I could use....
      I'd say not. Others will disagree.
      Down to your attitude to risk.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 31 October 2019, 15:31.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CompoundOverload View Post
        IMO the extra £600 a year cost and 20 minutes extra is more than enough to deem it substantially different. It's not at all comparable to the usual example of "different workplace, same location" where somebody works at two different offices in the City of London. Refer back to the bridge worker example, where simply a changing of route in order to get to the other side of the bridge is considered substantially different...if that is, then so is yours.

Comment

I am now further from London but my ticket is 50 squid a week cheaper, different operator

Comment

Working...
          X