• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 new rules and VAT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
    Again, depends on the client. For many financial services organisations it is very much a cost.
    Fair enough. I didn’t know this.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
      Fair enough. I didn’t know this.
      That's ok you just keep asserting how clever you are on a forum to make yourself feel good and we'll keep correcting you

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
        That's ok you just keep asserting how clever you are on a forum to make yourself feel good and we'll keep correcting you
        Oh get you...

Not had your coffee this morning ?
        Last edited by dx4100; 31 October 2019, 09:24.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
          Which is potentially a factor in financial services companies being prepared to ditch contractors and take them on as PAYE. They no longer have 20% VAT that they can't reclaim but they do have National Insurance to pay instead so at the worst it's cost neutral to them.
          Surely VAT costs more than employers NI?
          Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
            Surely VAT costs more than employers NI?
            Which is why banks don't care about making people employees - it saves them money.
            I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Not to mention they won't pay anything close to contract rates on PAYE as it upsets the permies, HR etc.

Comment

Working...
              X