• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor ltd -> UK agency -> French consultancy (end client) -> doing work for UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor ltd -> UK agency -> French consultancy (end client) -> doing work for UK

My guess is ir35 does not apply as the end client is French.

They are the fee payer and they are named in the contract.

I’m trying to work out if in wed to have the discussion or not.

many thoughts appreciated.

If the agency is overseas then for the purposes of the draft legislation affecting IR35 in the private sector, the agency becomes liable for the determination and for deducting the correct taxes.

If the agency is also overseas, then your company would become liable for the determination and deduction (as it is now).
    I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Agency is UK.

Comment

Originally posted by mookiemoo View Post
        Agency is UK.
        Then they need to make the determination and ensure that they deduct the right level of tax.

The draft legislation says "the liability moves to the next person in the contractual chain who is in the UK".
        I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Working...
        X