• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nest vs SW - Charge Differences

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest vs SW - Charge Differences

Sorry - very specific question but one that might translate into some good ££ over the next few years so looking to get an idea.

I looked at Nest and they appear to charge a rather high (1.8%) Contribution Charge to put money in, I then looked at whether SW and their documentation is less clear - although there is fund specific charge (std annual charge), there is no info on whether there are any other entry/exit charges.

If you are with SW, do you know what sort of charges you pay - or provide a link which has specific details of all charges?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have never heard of these companies.

Annual charges and funds?? That doesn't sound very umbrella-like to me.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Pension

Comment

You need to speak with the pension provider; the umbrella can only discuss certain elements of the pension with you as they are not regulated to advise. Best to call the providers and ask them direct.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
          Pension
          Then this should be posted in A/L as fewer people read this forum unless they have an interest in umbrellas.

I’ll move it.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by coe123 View Post
            If you are with SW, do you know what sort of charges you pay - or provide a link which has specific details of all charges?

Contributions and Fees | NEST Pensions

1.8% sounds a lot but they then only charge you 0.3% per annum, so over the long term it looks like a reasonable deal.
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Sorry - I looked at other boards and didn't see any relevant ones.

Contributions and Fees | NEST Pensions

1.8% sounds a lot but they then only charge you 0.3% per annum, so over the long term it looks like a reasonable deal.
              Nest is clear on that one, but I want to know if SW charges this too. 1.8% of £40K is £720, and more importantly I don't like the fact that they take it away the day I deposit the money - I accept the fact that companies need to make money to operate but as a customer I am entitled to look at a better deal if one is available.

Anyone using Scottish Widows group pension?

Comment

Working...
              X