Director Disqualification Director Disqualification - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rik sherman View Post
    Just thinking wouldn't his contract be between the agency and his Ltd thus moving to Umbrella requires a new contract?
    Correct. The entity the old contract with no longer exists so will have to be a new contract drawn up.

    Just hope the client doesn't ask why.

    If the OP is still in contract earning good money why is he only paying 25k of what he owes?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  2. #12

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldbond1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply do you know any good umbrella companies with a good pay out
    Speak to Lucy at Clarity Umbrella. It's not a 'good payout'. It will be what the law allows. They do have a great pension offering that will be more tax efficient than the others though.

    You do sound like the type that isn't taking anything seriously so a prime candidate for the 80%+ rubbish. Do not even be tempted. If it's over 80% then it is not compliant and you are going to get in to even more trouble.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #13

    More time posting than coding

    wattaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    If the OP is still in contract earning good money why is he only paying 25k of what he owes?
    Ooh, ooh, me! Pick me! I know...
    ---

    Former member of IPSE.

  4. #14

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldbond1 View Post
    how can one work in future if I have been disqualified as a director, I went through a liquidation and recently received a letter from the insolvency service, for continuing to trade when not having paid tax on time and fully to the detriment of the HMRC, I have reached an agreement with liquidator paying 25k towards a 100k debt

    I am thinking of accepting the insolvency service charge and asking for a reduction in tenure as I will not waste their time with a court case etc

    Can I also ask for exceptional dispensation to continue working, if I set up a new company now and use it to start a contract what happens once am disqualified

    Pls all responses are welcome
    It reads like you were liquidated with outstanding debt. And were disqualified.
    And then you continued to trade.......
    Do I have that right?

    Cos you're now facing a bigger issue than being disqualifed. It sounds like you've been caughting trading while disqualified. Do you like the taste of porridge?
    See You Next Tuesday

  5. #15

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    900

    Default

    OP - have you ensured you are outside of IR35 regulations?

  6. #16

    Should post faster

    krytonsheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    188

    Default

    You're not being prevented from working in the future, you are being prevented from being a director.
    I don't know the rules, but it might prevent you working in the finance industry.

  7. #17

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krytonsheep View Post
    I don't know the rules, but it might prevent you working in the finance industry.
    it won't help with SC clearance either.
    See You Next Tuesday

  8. #18

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    18,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krytonsheep View Post
    I don't know the rules, but it might prevent you working in the finance industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    it won't help with SC clearance either.
    But neither of those things are preventing him from working anywhere. Just very specific roles.
    That would be like if I argued I was being prevented from being a brain surgeon and I wanted to sue someone.

    I'm not qualified to be one.
    I'm not allowed to be one.

    But it doesn't mean I can work somewhere outside brain surgery.
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

    Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

  9. #19

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    But neither of those things are preventing him from working anywhere. Just very specific roles.
    That would be like if I argued I was being prevented from being a brain surgeon and I wanted to sue someone.

    I'm not qualified to be one.
    I'm not allowed to be one.

    But it doesn't mean I can work somewhere outside brain surgery.
    I see what you are saying but not so sure I totally agree. I think it's a bit wider than specific roles. Many finance companies will do a check on every contractor coming in and being disqualified owing 100K to HMRC isn't going to sit very well at all so that potentially closes off a very large market. SC might not be quite as cut and dried as we know they aren't that bothered about certain criminal activities but if they are looking for someone that can act responsibly and not open to coercion then OP isn't in a great place with that so closes off another market.

    You are right, doesn't stop him but I think it's going to be a bit more problematic than you make out there.

    It's bloody tough out here at the moment so potentially closing down two industries can't help one iota.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  10. #20

    TykeLike

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    23,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krytonsheep View Post
    I don't know the rules, but it might prevent you working in the finance industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    I see what you are saying but not so sure I totally agree. I think it's a bit wider than specific roles. Many finance companies will do a check on every contractor coming in and being disqualified owing 100K to HMRC isn't going to sit very well at all so that potentially closes off a very large market. SC might not be quite as cut and dried as we know they aren't that bothered about certain criminal activities but if they are looking for someone that can act responsibly and not open to coercion then OP isn't in a great place with that so closes off another market.

    You are right, doesn't stop him but I think it's going to be a bit more problematic than you make out there.

    It's bloody tough out here at the moment so potentially closing down two industries can't help one iota.
    There is nothing legally stopping a disqualified director working in finance, however an institution may have a rule that they don't hire anyone who is disqualified.

    It is a subtle but important distinction.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •