• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Director Disqualification

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Director Disqualification

how can one work in future if I have been disqualified as a director, I went through a liquidation and recently received a letter from the insolvency service, for continuing to trade when not having paid tax on time and fully to the detriment of the HMRC, I have reached an agreement with liquidator paying 25k towards a 100k debt

I am thinking of accepting the insolvency service charge and asking for a reduction in tenure as I will not waste their time with a court case etc

Can I also ask for exceptional dispensation to continue working, if I set up a new company now and use it to start a contract what happens once am disqualified

Pls all responses are welcome

Originally posted by oldbond1 View Post
    how can one work in future if I have been disqualified as a director...

Can I also ask for exceptional dispensation to continue working, if I set up a new company now and use it to start a contract what happens once am disqualified

You could work through an umbrella.

You're not being prevented from working in the future, you are being prevented from being a director. There's a big difference.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

how can one work in future if I have been disqualified as a director, I went through a liquidation and recently received a letter from the insolvency service, for continuing to trade when not having paid tax on time and fully to the detriment of the HMRC, I have reached an agreement with liquidator paying 25k towards a 100k debt

I am thinking of accepting the insolvency service charge and asking for a reduction in tenure as I will not waste their time with a court case etc

I don't wish to be rude buy you appear to have not learnt the lesson and are continuing with the same attitude that got you in to hot water in the first place. It's pretty difficult to get disqualified and 100k is no small amount either. Why on earth do you think they will give you dispensation to do it all over again?

You can't set up a new company as a director. You've been disqualified. Read towards the bottom of this page.

Company director disqualification - GOV.UK

You will have to go umbrella.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply do you know any good umbrella companies with a good pay out

Comment

umbrella

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I don't wish to be rude buy you appear to have not learnt the lesson and are continuing with the same attitude that got you in to hot water in the first place. It's pretty difficult to get disqualified and 100k is no small amount either. Why on earth do you think they will give you dispensation to do it all over again?

You can't set up a new company as a director. You've been disqualified. Read towards the bottom of this page.

Company director disqualification - GOV.UK

You will have to go umbrella.
          Thanks do you know any good umbrellas with a good pay out, probably best thing to do in fact less stress

Comment

in contract

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            You could work through an umbrella.

You're not being prevented from working in the future, you are being prevented from being a director. There's a big difference.
            Hi

One more question if one is in the middle of a contract when the disqualification is finalised, what does one do, can I finish said contract or have to let agency know and change my working arrangement

Comment

Thanks do you know any good umbrellas with a good pay out, probably best thing to do in fact less stress
              Good umbrella companies will adhere to the law which means the only possible variation on your net income is the amount they charge in fees, which is a few quid either way. If you get any more than that then you are looking at a whole new load of trouble.

Personally I'd get a permanent job. You are too dangerous to be considering working as self employed.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hi

One more question if one is in the middle of a contract when the disqualification is finalised, what does one do, can I finish said contract or have to let agency know and change my working arrangement
                What does your contract say? Most would kick your ass to the kerb.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  What does your contract say? Most would kick your ass to the kerb.
                  Just thinking wouldn't his contract be between the agency and his Ltd thus moving to Umbrella requires a new contract?

Comment

Originally posted by rik sherman View Post
                    Just thinking wouldn't his contract be between the agency and his Ltd thus moving to Umbrella requires a new contract?
                    Probably.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                    X