• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed re parking fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started a contract using an umbrella company who advised me that no daily mileage could be claimed because of rules and being under SDC.

What about parking fees - should i be able to reclaim these with receipts?

Awaiting a response from them re this but thought i'd see if anyone has been in the same boat??

Cheers

Mark

No expenses

Not even a cup of tea

Just think of people like me who have £3.5K per month I’m the past with flights and hotels + food and parking

Now it comes out of net pay

Who were you going to claim these from ? The umbrella who makes like £30 a month from you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

What are parking fees if not travel expenses?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
        What are parking fees if not travel expenses?
        Claim these from whom ?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Claim these from whom ?

What are you on about?

My point to OP is that travel expenses aren’t claimable. Parking fees are travel expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by mdavies777 View Post
            Just started a contract using an umbrella company who advised me that no daily mileage could be claimed because of rules and being under SDC.

Awaiting a response from them re this but thought i'd see if anyone has been in the same boat??

Cheers

Mark
            You can reclaim. But it comes out of the fee the agency pay your brolly.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is why Darren only takes gigs with good free onsite parking.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                You can reclaim. But it comes out of the fee the agency pay your brolly.
                So parking at canary wharf is £30 a day, this £600 a month worth comes out of the £50 fees?

Does not compute

Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 15 November 2019, 08:58.

Comment

Originally posted by mdavies777 View Post

Cheers

Mark
                  No. You're basically in the same position as an employee would be, for whom none of these things are tax deductible.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    So parking at canary wharf is £30 a day, this £600 a month worth comes out of the £50 fees?

Does not compute
                    It's a pedantic thing, I think.

What he's saying is that it comes out of the money paid to you by the brolly. It's the only place it could come from.
                    So, let's say the brolly gets £5,000 from the client, holds on to £50, sorts out tax of (made up for simplicity) £1,000, leaving you with £3,950 salary

If you want them to "cover" your expenses, then you'd get £3,350 in salary and £600 in expenses.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X