• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corporation Tax Refund

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To claim a refund you can carry the loss back on your CT600 by ticking a box. In terms of bad debt relief, a general bad debt is not allowable for CT relief. However, a specific bad debt is.
    Originally posted by ittony View Post
    I wouldn't dream of doing it until the last minute, but the debt was outstanding for more than 9 months.

Thanks. And do you think it would be ok for me to choose some proportion of it to write off this year and leave the rest until next year, on the basis that I haven't had the final bad news from the liquidators yet (though it's likely to be 'nada')? If I do this I may be able to avoid having to ask for a refund at all, if next year picks up a bit.

Comment

Working...
    X