Anyone comae across a W-8BEN-E IRS form when dealing with a US Company? Anyone comae across a W-8BEN-E IRS form when dealing with a US Company?
Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Default Anyone comae across a W-8BEN-E IRS form when dealing with a US Company?

I'm (my Ltd Co) is dealing with what I think is the UK Subsidiary of a US Corporation.

They've sent me a W-8BEN-E Form to onboard my Company as a supplier.

This seems to suggest I need an IRS Employer reference which seems weird.

Anyone had any experience of this? Any guidance appreciated.

Ta FF

My post count is Majestic

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Theres not much at the end of the link. Thanks anyway.

Nervous Newbie

I've had to fill in one of these and had to get an EIN to do so. You can get an EIN number over the phone, it was pretty painless. The "How to Get an EIN from Outside the U.S." instructions at https://www.ofx.com/en-gb/online-sel...utside-the-us/ match my recollection of the process for getting that.

The form itself is pretty intimidating but most of it can just be left blank. Part 3 "Claim of Tax Treaty Benefits" is the relevant piece of most people doing work for a company in the US. I ticked 14 a/b in that section and most of the left is just left blank.

The company requesting it basically just keeps it on file in case the IRS ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pring View Post
    I've had to fill in one of these and had to get an EIN to do so. You can get an EIN number over the phone, it was pretty painless. The "How to Get an EIN from Outside the U.S." instructions at https://www.ofx.com/en-gb/online-sel...utside-the-us/ match my recollection of the process for getting that.

The form itself is pretty intimidating but most of it can just be left blank. Part 3 "Claim of Tax Treaty Benefits" is the relevant piece of most people doing work for a company in the US. I ticked 14 a/b in that section and most of the left is just left blank.

The company requesting it basically just keeps it on file in case the IRS ask for it.
    Thanks, its a pretty confusing set of paperwork.

Super poster

Probably not a UK sub, can't imagine why a UK sub would need this. You're probably dealing with the parent company.