• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And then there's this...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then there's this...

General election 2019: PM puts corporation tax cuts on hold to help fund NHS - BBC News

After the proposed amendments to the Intermediaries legislation, I vowed never to vote Tory again.

Now I am totally convinced.

I have no idea for whom to vote, but its not going to be Labour or LibDem?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Not quite sure why this thread is in A/L?

LibDem are very contractor friendly. Ed Davey was chair of APPG that opposed the loan charge and he is very onside.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        After the proposed amendments to the Intermediaries legislation, I vowed never to vote Tory again.

Now I am totally convinced.

I have no idea for whom to vote, but its not going to be Labour or LibDem?
        It is generally the case that even with a very small majority Tory government the other parties won't arrange a coalition of multiple parties, even if the number would provide a large majority for the non-Tory parties.

My advice for those in England would be to vote Labour or, if you really can't handle it, LibDems. A tempered Labour party will have to drop the more radical approaches in the manifesto and would likely be fine compared to the current lot, who seem hell bent on driving forward a very right wing agenda but disguising it as moderate to appeal to the brexit flock who are unable to see them for what they very clearly are.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Not quite sure why this thread is in A/L? .
          Look who the OP is. Nuff said.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
            It is generally the case that even with a very small majority Tory government the other parties won't arrange a coalition of multiple parties, even if the number would provide a large majority for the non-Tory parties.
            Eh? If there's a small Tory majority how can a coalition of other parties, even if every single non-Tory joins it, have a large majority?

Comment

Not quite sure why this thread is in A/L?
              Well, changes to Corp Tax rates have an effect on end accounts. And maybe changes to accounting calculations, one might assume.

Where would you have put it?

To be clear, I don't care where it's put. But if it ends up in being read, and of course provides continuing amusement and cause for His NorthernGobbiness to maintain his vomitorium posting; this which more closely resembles that which is left on pavements in pizza shapes, and summarily ignored, then all to the good.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post

My advice for those in England would be to vote Labour or, if you really can't handle it, LibDems. A tempered Labour party will have to drop the more radical approaches in the manifesto and would likely be fine compared to the current lot, who seem hell bent on driving forward a very right wing agenda but disguising it as moderate to appeal to the brexit flock who are unable to see them for what they very clearly are.
                I'll spoil my paper, which is the only (protest) vote that reflects my position.

Sadly Michael Gove is the standing MP, in a safe seat. I feel a sense of Political Doom. (Philip Hammond was my previous MP).
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Look who the OP is. Nuff said.
                  I thought they were your accountant?

Originally posted by simes View Post
                  Well, changes to Corp Tax rates have an effect on end accounts. And maybe changes to accounting calculations, one might assume.

Where would you have put it?

To be clear, I don't care where it's put. But if it ends up in being read, and of course provides continuing amusement and cause for His NorthernGobbiness to maintain his vomitorium posting; this which more closely resembles that which is left on pavements in pizza shapes, and summarily ignored, then all to the good.
                  General. This forum is for specific A/L queries. Not for political posturing.

NLUK has helped hundreds, if not thousands of Cukkers over the years. He just gets upset when people don't do the most basic research. Contractors are supposed to have a tiny bit of intelligence - is that too much to ask? He is also a damned nice person IRL.

Please note I am only being nice to him with this thread is in professional. Once this thread gets moved to general the normal abuse will resume......

Comment

General. This forum is for specific A/L queries. Not for political posturing.

NLUK has helped hundreds, if not thousands of Cukkers over the years. He just gets upset when people don't do the most basic research. Contractors are supposed to have a tiny bit of intelligence - is that too much to ask? He is also a damned nice person IRL.

Please note I am only being nice to him with this thread is in professional. Once this thread gets moved to general the normal abuse will resume......
                    Ah, ok. As I said, I do not mind where it sits but there is from time to time, some cross pollination of ideas that may spill over into other forum areas without it causing too much upset to ones sensibilities and day's outlook.

That said, I do not visit the General section. Admittedly from a minority, I feel there is already enough one-upmanship and posturing in these forums without getting battle hardened in other areas, hence why I popped it here. As before, completely up to the owners of the site where they want it.

As for N, I am sure his mother loves him and perhaps he even gives to charity, but his monotonous rhetoric and continual lauding over other's inferior questions does grind, hence why he's on the ignore list... But thank you for the alternate point of view. No offence meant or taken.

Comment

Working...
                    X