• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giant Group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant Group

I have seen plenty of posts slagging off Giant Group. But what exactly is wrong with them. Anyone got any good experience of Giant ??

Good for me

They work for me, always paid on time if not before the agency has paid them. They answer all queries very quickly (within 3 hours) and you can reach them on the phone.
    I've heard of much much worse

Comment

Re: Good for me

Sounds good. Do you use Strongbox or Powerhouse??

Comment

Powerhouse

I use powerhouse, pretty reasonable and all i do is input times every monday via the web. If youre not sure contarcting is for you long term then it's well worth it compared to all the hassle of setting up your own comp of your own back IMHO

If you decide to sign up can I refer you, they offer some cash so i'll split it....not that it will be much

Comment

Re: Powerhouse

Unfortunatley, I've already signed up - sorry.

Comment

ce la vie, hope it works for ya

Comment

Man, this thread looks dodgy.
              I haven't seem this much spam since Fiddle and Rhino

Could be true though ...

Comment

I've not got anything good to say about them.

Comment

my first post, my first contract

hey guys, im with Giant too, they do respond very quickly to queries, any questions they are more than happy to answer, i havent been with them long enough yet to experiance the pay situation, but although you should claim for non billables to the amount you spent (who does that anyway) the fee is exactly the same no matter what.

They only thing is they get you to tick a box confirming that you dont think this will be your last contract with them, but I for one think it may be so i get more money, it was a bit of a rush job if i am honest going umbrella, i am good with books so dont see why i bothered. Young and nieve i blame it on...but not more i tell ya!

Comment

Originally posted by sliminconcoova View Post
                    hey guys, im with Giant too, they do respond very quickly to queries, any questions they are more than happy to answer, i havent been with them long enough yet to experiance the pay situation, but although you should claim for non billables to the amount you spent (who does that anyway) the fee is exactly the same no matter what.

They only thing is they get you to tick a box confirming that you dont think this will be your last contract with them, but I for one think it may be so i get more money, it was a bit of a rush job if i am honest going umbrella, i am good with books so dont see why i bothered. Young and nieve i blame it on...but not more i tell ya!
                    Blimey it's like the Night of the Living Dead - thread ressurection from 7 years ago - must be some sort of record
                    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                    X