• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Pension Contributions and Effect on Dividend Payments at 7.5% Rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisl View Post
    Simple answer, yes you could have paid yourself more dividends at 7.5%

Pension just like gift aid increases your basic rate bracket so your bracket would increase and no longer be £46,350 for 18/19.
    Thanks. And, as it turns out, I did actually pay myself the max dividend at the 7.5% tax bracket. The dividend was declared on 31st March, but only paid out this month...
    Last edited by Paralytic; 2 December 2019, 22:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Thanks. And, as it turns out, I did actually pay myself the max dividend at the 7.5% tax bracket. The dividend was declared on 31st March, but only paid out this month...
      hmmmm.....
      I think you mean the dividend was declared, and paid on March 31st but into your Director's loan account.....

if an interim dividend is declared on 31st March 2016, but not actually paid until 30th April 2016, then the date of the dividend will be 30th April 2016 and it will fall into the new tax regime

What does your accountant say about a retrospective declaration?
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 27 June 2020, 10:57.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Unbelievably relaxed attitude to breaking the law and backdating a dividend 8 months after the event.

And yet you will moan that off-payroll is ruining things for you

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          hmmmm.....
          I think you mean the dividend was declared, and paid on March 31st but into your Director's loan account.....
          Yes, that's what i meant. I really should proof read what i write before potsing.

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          What does your accountant say about a retrospective declaration?
          They're fine:

As the dividend has been declared it can be paid whenever so if this was entered on 31/03 as a dividend then it will go through in the 2018/19 tax return even though it hasn't been paid until now.

In the accounts this will just show as directors loan account for you.

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
          Unbelievably relaxed attitude to breaking the law and backdating a dividend 8 months after the event.

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
          And yet you will moan that off-payroll is ruining things for you
          No I won't.
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 27 June 2020, 10:57.

Comment

Working...
          X