• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New IR35 Online Tool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
    Why get religious? Would it have been less effort to answer instead of making a smarmy comment? Is your job to deter people using this forum and make the site irrelevent?

Try imagining that I already googled the term, and even clicked the help for clarification.

If you dont want to answer just ignore the post.
    But we can't do that. If you think the term 'Office holder' has anything to do with an office then clearly you haven't so difficult to make that assumption going forward.

It was sarky and probably not required so I do apologise for posting in frustration, but, the CEST tool is about trying to determine if you are carrying on business on your own account. How on earth can you prove you are doing that when you don't even know you are a business? How can you help clients with determinations if you have no idea what you are to help them? How can you be that business and pass CEST when you don't know about being a business? Surely this is exactly what HMRC have picked up on and why they are hammering us.

I might have put it in a much better way but if you are in a position where you think you are one thing, HMRC thinks you are something else so you've got a fight on, surely knowing what you are is the first step?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 28 November 2019, 15:37.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
      Everyone else does...
      He's utterly despised, a stain on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
        He bought me a drink once, so isn't all that bad

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          He bought me a drink once, so isn't all that bad
          Erm. Well... I might have put it on mudksippers tab because she was too drunk to notice..

Anyway, shhh about this buying drinks business. I've got a reputation to keep.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
            Only I get to call him that.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              But we can't do that. If you think the term 'Office holder' has anything to do with an office then clearly you haven't so difficult to make that assumption going forward.
              Are you sure you're not reading too much into a typo? Imagine that there was an additional "r" in the message that seems to have upset you so much:

Does not the term "Office Holder" refer to an officer of the contracting company (supplier) rather than the client company?
              and it makes a much more reasonable question - does it refer to you being an office holder of the supplier or the client company?
              I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
                Are you sure you're not reading too much into a typo? Imagine that there was an additional "r" in the message that seems to have upset you so much:

and it makes a much more reasonable question - does it refer to you being an office holder of the supplier or the client company?
                Client company

Comment

Why get religious? Would it have been less effort to answer instead of making a smarmy comment? Is your job to deter people using this forum and make the site irrelevent?

Try imagining that I already googled the term, and even clicked the help for clarification.

If you dont want to answer just ignore the post.
                  Yep, we all do same, ignore replies from him!

Comment

Working...
                  X