• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New IR35 Online Tool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New IR35 Online Tool

HMRC have a new online IR35 Assessment Tool.

Has anyone used it?

Does not the term "Office Holder" refer to an office of the contracting company (supplier) rather than the client company?

Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
    HMRC have a new online IR35 Assessment Tool.
    They do? OMG whodathunkit.
    Has anyone used it?

Does not the term "Office Holder" refer to an office of the contracting company (supplier) rather than the client company?
    Try googling the term office holder. Refer. To an office? Jesus.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      They do? OMG whodathunkit.

Try googling the term office holder. Refer. To an office? Jesus.
      Why get religious? Would it have been less effort to answer instead of making a smarmy comment? Is your job to deter people using this forum and make the site irrelevent?

Try imagining that I already googled the term, and even clicked the help for clarification.

If you dont want to answer just ignore the post.

Comment

have you asked your accountants?
        what did they say?

Comment

Ignore NLUK

It is discussed here if any use

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...highlight=cest

Comment

Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
            In the context of IR35 yes, there is a specific rule relating to office holders and IR35. It basically means you cannot act be remunerated for services as the office holder of another company via your own intermediary. Most people here can probably safely ignore this particular aspect of IR35.

Comment

Just ran through it for my current client and it came back as outside IR35. I did select that I had the right to substitute and that the client could not refuse one (which is effectively what my contract says, so long as any substitute is qualified and is bound by the same terms that I am). Would be interesting to know what it would come back as if I had skipped this as I know a RoS is always vulnerable to challenge if it isn't used but I'm pretty confident anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                Ignore NLUK
                Everyone else does...

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                  Everyone else does...
                  and so they should!

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                    and so they should!
                    That's rich coming from Simes and you of all people.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X