• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New client - Promised contract outside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New client - Promised contract outside IR35

Hi,

I've just received a contract from a new client (via an agency) for 6 months (likely to be extended)

One of the things that drew me to the role is that the agency said the contract would be outside IR35.

I've read through the contract and it seems good regarding it being outisde IR35 (to be double checked by my accountant, QDOS) but I was wondering if I should be getting something from the agency in writing saying they will not reassess my status and perhaps some confirmation of them saying the contract is outside IR35?

What are peoples thoughts? Is the contract itself enough?

Kind Regards

Dave

What did the client say

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      What did the client say

I didn't ask the client directly as I've only had one interview with them which only covered my experience/suitability for the role, but they are a very reputable client in the industry I work in (financial services)

Comment

Originally posted by Kesteral View Post
        I didn't ask the client directly as I've only had one interview with them which only covered my experience/suitability for the role, but they are a very reputable client in the industry I work in (financial services)
        What the agents says is worthless

Comment

Ask them whe the client will be making a determination on roles. I expect they will give you bluff and bluster just to sign this gig knowing full well you are going inside.

In fact, if it's six months it will cross April so should already have a determination. Push them harder for an explanation. Many agents are pretty up to speed so they should know what you need.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X