• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Javid proposed IR35 review on R4 Money Box

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javid proposed IR35 review on R4 Money Box

Today’s Moneybox on Radio 4 had Javid suggesting he would review the rollout of IR35 in the private sector in the event of a Tory win.

It’s about 5 minutes in to the show.

Originally posted by rectifier View Post
    Today’s Moneybox on Radio 4 had Javid suggesting he would review the rollout of IR35 in the private sector in the event of a Tory win.

Isn't this just a restatement of the line or two in the Tory manifesto?

Not sayin' that it's a bad thing; just that it's not a new thing.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by rectifier View Post

Yep. Shamefully it's about as much good as their first review into the Loan Charge.

Too late and way too little to win votes.

Comment

Way too late. Clients have decided policy and contractors are MVL-ing right now.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          Way too late. Clients have decided policy and contractors are MVL-ing right now.
          Yep the damage has already been done.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I wouldn't trust the bulldust they spout to gain Contractors' votes. They lie and lie and lie.

Still going to spoil my vote.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Yep the damage has already been done.
              Not for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Still going to spoil my vote.
                Me too
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

It’s just more lies, if they were serious and considering the time left you’d pause/delay it until review was complete. Javid has known for ages and said nothing until days before the election. Rotten to the core, the lot of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheInvoicer View Post
                    It’s just more lies, if they were serious and considering the time left you’d pause/delay it until review was complete. Javid has known for ages and said nothing until days before the election. Rotten to the core, the lot of them.
                    This. They tell people what they want to hear knowing they’re not accountable down the line. People will continue to vote for the them nomatter what they actually do as doing otherwise would take effort to actually understand polices. We deserve them politicians we get.
                    Last edited by Paralytic; 30 November 2019, 23:53.

Comment

Working...
                    X