• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance in 1 week!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Are you having trouble with my earlier post? The clearance belongs to the role, not the person filling it. You don't get a certificate, mainly because as soon as you move out of that role, your clearance will lapse (OK, for a year they may consider it still live, but that's merely a convenience, not a rule). All clearance does is ascertain whether or not you are a sufficiently good risk for the criteria established for the role in question. Most of the questions are generic, obviously, which is the bit that NSV are doing (or have done). So either you're allowed to do that role or you aren't. That's as far as it goes.

Clearance is not a right and its's not an attribute of an individual (much as various agencies pretend otherwise) and you never have any certainty your clearance will transfer across roles.
    For some sponsors you do get a certificate. Just saying. I have one with a lifetime of 7 years which also surprised me.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      For some sponsors you do get a certificate. Just saying. I have one with a lifetime of 7 years which also surprised me.
      OK, but i query its value. Clearance is retained because you are continually monitored and reassessed. A certificate is a point in time.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Are you having trouble with my earlier post? The clearance belongs to the role, not the person filling it. You don't get a certificate, mainly because as soon as you move out of that role, your clearance will lapse (OK, for a year they may consider it still live, but that's merely a convenience, not a rule). All clearance does is ascertain whether or not you are a sufficiently good risk for the criteria established for the role in question. Most of the questions are generic, obviously, which is the bit that NSV are doing (or have done). So either you're allowed to do that role or you aren't. That's as far as it goes.

Clearance is not a right and its's not an attribute of an individual (much as various agencies pretend otherwise) and you never have any certainty your clearance will transfer across roles.
        You sound like my quick to get agitated wife
        Thanks for replying thought. I asked as was reading about it in wiki, there is a mention about transfers of SC.

By the way its confirmed my SC is all cleared within 5 days, as somebody said here its possibly quite period at NSVS.

Comment

Originally posted by user400058 View Post
          You sound like my quick to get agitated wife
          Thanks for replying thought. I asked as was reading about it in wiki, there is a mention about transfers of SC.

By the way its confirmed my SC is all cleared within 5 days, as somebody said here its possibly quite period at NSVS.
          Just having a grumpier than usual day, I suspect...

There is informal arrangement where someone leaving a cleared post is assumed to retain their clearance for one from the leaving date. That's mainly a pragmatic way to cut down the number of clearance requests. However it is informal, and I've had to be-re-cleared when the new role's requirements weren't met by the previous one's, or where the new SSO wasn't happy to accept a commercial clearance when moving from an MOD supplier to an MOD agency.

But always remember the clearance lies with the role, not the person.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I have a card which shows my SC and NPPV3 Status, who holds it, who issued it, validity period and a photo.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              I have a card which shows my SC and NPPV3 Status, who holds it, who issued it, validity period and a photo.
              Lucky old you. Who issued it? And why?

Over 30 years working in various cleared roles and I haven't got one...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Vistaprint: business cards, flyers, banners, invitations
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I thought that you were retired? I didn't think that you would still have one, even if one was issued to you.

It's the modern way...
                  Last edited by Scruff; 16 December 2019, 15:51. Reason: Spelling...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    I thought that you were retired? I didn't think that you would still have one, even if one was issued to you.

It's the modern way...
                    The company still has work to do. But I notice you haven't answered the question....
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The company still has work to do. But I notice you haven't answered the question....
                      I am not able to disclose this, for obvious reasons. I wouldn't disclose it on a public forum. The reason why a card is issued with all the details is because it allows unsupervised, unrestricted access to XXXX premises and systems and could include those working in areas where the XXX roles have been identified as designated posts.

Comment

Working...
                      X