• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance in 1 week!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    That just means your applicaion is complete.

The clue is here "Your application's status is: Completed"

How long from now depends on if they've paid for extradited vetting, and how much research they need to do. My last one was 2 weeks from this point. That was extradited and I've held it twice before.
    extradited? they cart you off for interrogation for that then?

Comment

How long from now depends on if they've paid for extradited vetting, and how much research they need to do. My last one was 2 weeks from this point. That was extradited and I've held it twice before.
      Thanks for responding. Does that mean its still ongoing! Original status was "In-Progress" which changed to "Completed" after a week.
      As I understand from your response application is "complete" investigation starts now?

Sorry what do you mean extradited vetting?

Comment

Expedited

Comment

Originally posted by user400058 View Post
          Thanks for responding. Does that mean its still ongoing! Original status was "In-Progress" which changed to "Completed" after a week.
          As I understand from your response application is "complete" investigation starts now?

Sorry what do you mean extradited vetting?
          It always gets processed as a risk assessment, and will vary for each role (it's why the clearance goes with the job/post, not the worker, and why you don't get a certificate of some kind). The NSV people have verified your application form. Now someone has to align those answers to the requirements of the role in question. That may be a formality, it may be a whole new investigation, or anything in between.

Yes, it's all a bit obscure and foggy, but unless you've been cleared to see the current equivalent of JSP1440 and its related documents (ahem... ) that's simply a fact of life.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Yup.

I've seen successful applications return within just over 1 week to 9 months. I always found the longer it takes, the less likely it's going to be a yes.

Comment

This is first time I am going through SC. This is the page status at nsv.mod.uk

Your application's status is: Completed

SC Completed. (Submitted on: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm)

Updated original post as well.

I did speak to NSVS and they said process is complete and its up to the sponsor and I have speak to the sponsor. I am expecting some communication from then soon.
              Is it the Bank of England ?

Or another bank ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                Is it the Bank of England ?

Or another bank ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                Sorry poster. Wont be able to disclose which bank for a reason.

But lots of helpful posts here, really appreciate it.
                Last edited by user400058; 8 December 2019, 10:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  Expedited
                  oh. really?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    It always gets processed as a risk assessment, and will vary for each role (it's why the clearance goes with the job/post, not the worker, and why you don't get a certificate of some kind).
                    So in this case I would not get a certificate?
                    Are there any other security clearance which issue a certificate and reusable for future reference?

Comment

So in this case I would not get a certificate?
                      Are there any other security clearance which issue a certificate and reusable for future reference?
                      Are you having trouble with my earlier post? The clearance belongs to the role, not the person filling it. You don't get a certificate, mainly because as soon as you move out of that role, your clearance will lapse (OK, for a year they may consider it still live, but that's merely a convenience, not a rule). All clearance does is ascertain whether or not you are a sufficiently good risk for the criteria established for the role in question. Most of the questions are generic, obviously, which is the bit that NSV are doing (or have done). So either you're allowed to do that role or you aren't. That's as far as it goes.

Clearance is not a right and its's not an attribute of an individual (much as various agencies pretend otherwise) and you never have any certainty your clearance will transfer across roles.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X