SIPP Pension Initial Costs - IFA SIPP Pension Initial Costs - IFA - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posts 31 to 40 of 45

Fingers like lightning

So ... II. The transfer process was getting painful so I've cancelled it and am ditching them

Back to looking at other providers now.
    The new Vanguard SIPP looks a good choice, but I may want to buy non-VF funds/ETFs

Would prefer a flat-fee over %, so looking at iWeb & Halifax I think.

Still gathering requirements...

I have a SIPP with Iweb also. All in all, pretty pleased. The only complaint I have is that to make any changes to employer contributions (including a one-off payment) requires sending in a form (e-mail may also be acceptable) whereas HL allows changes to be made online.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by sludgesurfer View Post
    I have a SIPP with Iweb also. All in all, pretty pleased. The only complaint I have is that to make any changes to employer contributions (including a one-off payment) requires sending in a form (e-mail may also be acceptable) whereas HL allows changes to be made online.
    Thanks for that, my LTD typically pays in a regular monthly amount so hopefully, it'll be just 1 form to send back.

And, noticed that iWeb, Halifax sharedealing are part of the same group.

Contractor Among Contractors

Yeah I recently had this with interactive investor. Wanted to change the amount of a monthly direct debit from employer into the SIPP (from/to same account, just amount changing). Only way they could do it was for me to cancel the existing direct debit, and hand complete a new mandate with revised amount to post to them. Did seem a bit rubbish given I thought a key benefit of direct debit was the recipient can easily amend the amount!

Fingers like lightning

I Email iWeb a filled in version of their additional contributions PDF form for my ad-hoc contributions. For the signature page they do want a "real" sig though so print that one page off, sign, scan and attach to the EMail. I can live with that, the HL 0.45% platform fee would make a real dent into the SIPP compared with iWeb.

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by adubya View Post
    I Email iWeb a filled in version of their additional contributions PDF form for my ad-hoc contributions. For the signature page they do want a "real" sig though so print that one page off, sign, scan and attach to the EMail. I can live with that, the HL 0.45% platform fee would make a real dent into the SIPP compared with iWeb.
    ....if you choose to buy funds

Fingers like lightning

....if you choose to buy funds
    Yup, all of my SIPP is in funds.

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by Maslins View Post
    I wouldn't think someone was daft for sticking with HL despite higher charges.
    I think HL have a maximum platform charge of about £450. Fund charges look quite low to me. You can get a Legal & General US tracker for 0.06%
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    I think HL have a maximum platform charge of about £450. Fund charges look quite low to me. You can get a Legal & General US tracker for 0.06%
    Really?

0.45% for the first £250K, 0.25% for the next £750K, 0.1% for the next £1M. I think it's £4K max but can't be bothered to make sure.

Yes, fund charges are low with HL.

TykeLike

I pay a max of £200 a year with HL as I use mainly shares rather than funds
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius