• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

USA remote contract UK ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used HammondPI when I was doing the same.

Comment

I've worked with some US and such companies. Typically less hassle - I would suggest your chance of getting any unpaid monies is very low working direct though. Factor it in and be cautious.

I've worked in dollars and pounds, or set a rate in pounds and converted it to dollars based on the rate at invoice date.

One tip is to ensure they pay all fees for sending international payments, and check the amounts received match what is expected. Some banks are not very helpful so it can be easy to mess up.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If I have understood the IR35 thing properly, clientco in the USA should make an IR35 determination - however I doubt they know about it - and I don't think it's really a good idea to stir up that hornet's nest - what's anyone else planning for post April?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          If I have understood the IR35 thing properly, clientco in the USA should make an IR35 determination - however I doubt they know about it - and I don't think it's really a good idea to stir up that hornet's nest - what's anyone else planning for post April?
          Sit back and enjoy the show

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            I'm keeping my IR35 insurance in place, contract reviews, keeping IR35 dossier supporting outside determination, etc, as always. I'm assuming, whatever draft legislation may say, that MyCo is going to end up being held responsible for determination. If they've made a mess of it starting from April it's likely to be fixed a year later.

Comment

My US client is small enough that the IR35 changes wouldn't apply anyway - I make my own determination - but even if the client were huge, HMRC has no jurisdiction over them.

Comment

Hi PSB, sending you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                X