• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Striking off LTD company - do I need to send the copy of the DS01

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Striking off LTD company - do I need to send the copy of the DS01

Hello
    I am in a process of striking off the LTD and on gov.uk website it states that I might need to send a copy of DS01 form to:

members, usually the shareholders
    creditors, including all existing and likely creditors such as:
    banks
    suppliers
    former employees if the company owes them money
    landlords or tenants (for example, where a bond is refundable)
    guarantors
    personal injury claimants
    HMRC and Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)
    employees
    managers or trustees of any employee pension fund
    any directors who have not signed the form

Source: Strike off, dissolution and restoration - GOV.UK

From this list only likely creditors apply to my company. However there are no outstanding debts, the bank account is closed and my only supplier at the moment is my accountant who is actually submitting the form as I stopped trading some time ago.

Do I have to send this form or is it not necessary?

Any one with expierence/knowledge about this?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by killwater; 19 December 2019, 21:08.

Sounds like a check list but usual caveats apply...

Comment

Originally posted by killwater View Post

From this list only likely creditors apply to my company.
      correct

However there are no outstanding debts,

........snip

Do I have to send this form or is it not necessary?

you know what a creditor is don't you?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

If you've closed the bank account down, company accounts and corporation tax return submitted to HMRC, tax all agreed and paid up etc (save for your accountant), then I'd suggest just fill out the DS01, send it to Companies House with a tenner and sit around for about 4 months for the company to be officially struck off. Give your accountant a call and confirm you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          correct
          you know what a creditor is don't you?
          'Likely' is the problem with interpretation for me. I wanted to check if anyone in here had problems with this issue before.

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post
          If you've closed the bank account down, company accounts and corporation tax return submitted to HMRC, tax all agreed and paid up etc (save for your accountant), then I'd suggest just fill out the DS01, send it to Companies House with a tenner and sit around for about 4 months for the company to be officially struck off. Give your accountant a call and confirm you're good to go.
          This is exactly what my accountant said. I stopped trading a couple of months ago - before my company tax year end so I have been told that another set of accounts etc. is not required as there was no income apart of few pounds of interest.

Thank you both for help.

Comment

I've just submitted my DS01. Final accounts and CT return were submitted a few months back, and HMRC just paid me the CT refund I was waiting for. Given that HMRC aren't a creditor, I'm assuming there's no need for me to notify them of the DS01?

Comment

This is exactly what my accountant said. I stopped trading a couple of months ago - before my company tax year end so I have been told that another set of accounts etc. is not required as there was no income apart of few pounds of interest.

Thank you both for help.
              See. Ask your accountant is always the best advice
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X