Pensions re-enrolment for director/secretary ltd Pensions re-enrolment for director/secretary ltd
Posts 1 to 3 of 3

More time posting than coding

Default Pensions re-enrolment for director/secretary ltd

Received an email from Pensions Regulator about a mandatory pensions re-enrollment due on 1 Jan, but my accountant is away until the 5th.

A couple of years ago we had to go through this process for my partner who is a company secretary and earns around £12k. Accountant charged us around £200-£300 for enrolling and then she opted out as we were not convinced we wanted to contribute to pension fund yet.

The question is how to avoid/made this process simpler so we don't have to go through this every couple of years at a cost and hassle of opting out. What other people with a similar company structure do ?

I see the following options:
    1) Make my partner a director - will lose £3000 Employment Allowance
    2) Reduce her salary to 10k - will lose on the maximum amount of dividends before threshold (not 50/50 split)
    3) Enroll for NEST/opt out ourselves - is it even possible without an agent ?
    4) Organise some sort of SIPP pension - haven't done much research on this, not ready to commit yet.

Thanks

You have no worries about being inside IR35 in the near future ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    You have no worries about being inside IR35 in the near future ?
    Generally not, but will see when we get there.
    That's another reason to avoid setting this all up 3 months before situation may change.