• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE Discount Code ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Ermm, no. They don't pay out anything, they pay for your legal support. As you well know...
    is the legal support not provided by Markel Tax? IPSE are only the policy holders. IPSE will only pay for legal support for a case that they have an interest in, e.g. the S660 case and the current case in the ET. They also supported Susan Winchester's claim in the ET.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      is the legal support not provided by Markel Tax? IPSE are only the policy holders. IPSE will only pay for legal support for a case that they have an interest in, e.g. the S660 case and the current case in the ET. They also supported Susan Winchester's claim in the ET.
      Ermm no. All members are covered just by virtue of being members.

As an ex-member of many years, you know what is covered and how many cases have been stopped at the first hurdle by IPSE's representation at FTT. Just in case you've forgotten, it's been almost all of them. QDOS can claim the same level of success. Neither shout about it because it's what's they do so is unworthy of the level of publicity that a far more legally significant case such as Arctic or Winchester can demand - neither of which were about IR35 anyway.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Ermm no. All members are covered just by virtue of being members.

As an ex-member of many years, you know what is covered and how many cases have been stopped at the first hurdle by IPSE's representation at FTT. Just in case you've forgotten, it's been almost all of them. QDOS can claim the same level of success. Neither shout about it because it's what's they do so is unworthy of the level of publicity that a far more legally significant case such as Arctic or Winchester can demand - neither of which were about IR35 anyway.
        Just one small point of order: representation is provided by IPSE's insurers; not IPSE. IPSE will only risk its own money to finance cases where there is sufficient significance to the wider freelancing world (e.g. Artic, Winchester, et al.). There have been VERY few of those cases... as you well know.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
          Just one small point of order: representation is provided by IPSE's insurers; not IPSE. IPSE will only risk its own money to finance cases where there is sufficient significance to the wider freelancing world (e.g. Artic, Winchester, et al.). There have been VERY few of those cases... as you well know.
          Well yes, but a distinction without a difference IMHO.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Well yes, but a distinction without a difference IMHO.
            Not in the context of your rebuttal of Johnny's point above.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              Not in the context of your rebuttal of Johnny's point above.
              thank you!

Comment

Sorry I missed this follow up stuff. Yes I'm just buying the Advice line in case there is anything nasty down the track.

Comment

I see IPSE have spent an extra £52k on that CRM system in the past year...

No wonder it took me nearly all of that year to get myself back on the mailing list.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    If you use this link, I think you'll get 25 quid off and I get a 25 quid Amazon voucher (edit: or 50 quid for both on IPSE+ membership, I think):

Join IPSE | IPSE
                    Thank you, kind stranger! I came across this post when Googling for a discount code and used the link you provided. Enjoy the Amazon voucher

Comment

Originally posted by readie View Post
                      Thank you, kind stranger! I came across this post when Googling for a discount code and used the link you provided. Enjoy the Amazon voucher
                      You're very welcome.

Sign up to the IPSE forums if you can be bothered - it could do with a few more voices over there.

Comment

Working...
                      X