A1 Certificate of Coverage A1 Certificate of Coverage
Posts 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2020

    Question A1 Certificate of Coverage

    Good morning all,

    I have a number of European contractors that are requiring the A1 certificate of coverage. I understand this has to be applied for through the contractors home country, however does anybody know of any agencies that deal specifically with this issue that could potentially speed the process up? Ultimately I want to hand the details over and let an agency deal with the entire process.

    Thanks for your help

  2. #2

    Permie Swiss (pending)

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Far away from HMRC


    Are you acting as an agency, or a consultancy? If you have contractors with their own ltd. co, it's their responsibility to get the form: National Insurance if you go abroad - GOV.UK otherwise, it's their employer (so if they work through a brolly).

    If they work in another EU company or Switzerland via a local payroll company, then no A1 certificate is needed, as they pay social contributions in that country.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts