• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another farcical situation....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another farcical situation....

I am working for end Client A

Client A engages contractors through Consultancy B and C

Consultancy B uses Agents D

Agent D uses Agent E

Consultancy C use Agents Fx

There is a real risk that Consultancy C blankets everyone inside, where as Consultancy B does a role by role assessment and is determined outside.

So to me it seems farcical that two contractors can have job title, same working practices (as they come from the client not the consultancy) but have two different determinations.

I know this is a very niche case but it can't be that rare
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

In the fullness of time it will likely not be that niche, nor rare.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Fx ?

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
      In the fullness of time it will likely not be that niche, nor rare.

Fx ?
      I'm not sure if they use one Agency or many like the other lot

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Grass em up, drag them down with you. HTHBIDI
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

What does ClientA say?

If A=HSBC then we can guess....

Comment

I am working for end Client A

Client A engages contractors through Consultancy B and C

Consultancy B uses Agents D

Agent D uses Agent E

There is a real risk that Consultancy C blankets everyone inside, where as Consultancy B does a role by role assessment and is determined outside.

So to me it seems farcical that two contractors can have job title, same working practices (as they come from the client not the consultancy) but have two different determinations.

I know this is a very niche case but it can't be that rare
            If consultancy C tells all its contractors "You will work for Client A doing whatever they tell you to do, in the way they tell you to do it, until we tell you otherwise" then it starts sounding suspiciously like an inside gig anyway.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              If consultancy C tells all its contractors "You will work for Client A doing whatever they tell you to do, in the way they tell you to do it, until we tell you otherwise" then it starts sounding suspiciously like an inside gig anyway.
              In fairness the working practices at Client A is pretty good, not perfect but good enough

Comment

In fairness the working practices at Client A is pretty good, not perfect but good enough
                It's not Client A's practices you have to worry about, it's consultancy C's as they are the contractors end client and are making the SDS determination.

If consultancy C are telling you how and when to engage with Client A and are checking up on performance of their "consultants" with Client A then you are on a sticky wicket.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  It's not Client A's practices you have to worry about, it's consultancy C's as they are the contractors end client and are making the SDS determination.

If consultancy C are telling you how and when to engage with Client A and are checking up on performance of their "consultants" with Client A then you are on a sticky wicket.
                  I've never seen anyone from Consultancy C

Comment

words might change when it has to come in written...

Comment

Working...
                    X