Another farcical situation.... Another farcical situation....
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

TykeLike

Default Another farcical situation....

I am working for end Client A

Client A engages contractors through Consultancy B and C

Consultancy B uses Agents D

Agent D uses Agent E

Consultancy C use Agents Fx

There is a real risk that Consultancy C blankets everyone inside, where as Consultancy B does a role by role assessment and is determined outside.

So to me it seems farcical that two contractors can have job title, same working practices (as they come from the client not the consultancy) but have two different determinations.

I know this is a very niche case but it can't be that rare
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Fingers like lightning

In the fullness of time it will likely not be that niche, nor rare.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Fx ?

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    In the fullness of time it will likely not be that niche, nor rare.

Fx ?
    I'm not sure if they use one Agency or many like the other lot
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Double Godlike!

Grass em up, drag them down with you. HTHBIDI
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

I Am Legend

What does ClientA say?

If A=HSBC then we can guess....
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Nice But Dim

I am working for end Client A

Client A engages contractors through Consultancy B and C

Consultancy B uses Agents D

Agent D uses Agent E

There is a real risk that Consultancy C blankets everyone inside, where as Consultancy B does a role by role assessment and is determined outside.

So to me it seems farcical that two contractors can have job title, same working practices (as they come from the client not the consultancy) but have two different determinations.

I know this is a very niche case but it can't be that rare
    If consultancy C tells all its contractors "You will work for Client A doing whatever they tell you to do, in the way they tell you to do it, until we tell you otherwise" then it starts sounding suspiciously like an inside gig anyway.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    If consultancy C tells all its contractors "You will work for Client A doing whatever they tell you to do, in the way they tell you to do it, until we tell you otherwise" then it starts sounding suspiciously like an inside gig anyway.
    In fairness the working practices at Client A is pretty good, not perfect but good enough

― Marcus Aurelius

Nice But Dim

In fairness the working practices at Client A is pretty good, not perfect but good enough
    It's not Client A's practices you have to worry about, it's consultancy C's as they are the contractors end client and are making the SDS determination.

If consultancy C are telling you how and when to engage with Client A and are checking up on performance of their "consultants" with Client A then you are on a sticky wicket.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    It's not Client A's practices you have to worry about, it's consultancy C's as they are the contractors end client and are making the SDS determination.

If consultancy C are telling you how and when to engage with Client A and are checking up on performance of their "consultants" with Client A then you are on a sticky wicket.
    I've never seen anyone from Consultancy C

― Marcus Aurelius

Should post faster

words might change when it has to come in written...