• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice sought re invoicing for random days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice sought re invoicing for random days

All, Good Morning. I am looking for some invoicing advice.

My permanent role was made redundant on the 3rd January, I immediately setup a limited company in the case of any contract work.

I have been asked to help a local company (starting Monday) to achieve ISO27001 consulting on site for 2-3 days a week over the next 3 weeks.

Can I ask, should I invoice personally or through the Limited company. I am struggling to decide as it will be a case of 'can you come in tomorrow'.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

C

If you invoice personally, you'll be acting as sole trader. There's no issue invoicing by your limited company. I'm not sure why you're asking the question. What is your concern?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why did you set up a limited company if you don't want to use it for freelance work??
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Whether you invoice personally, or via the ltd co you set up for freelance work, you ought to agree a contract with the end client.

If you invoice personally, you will have to declare the income on your SATR. If you invoice via your ltd co and draw funds out as salary / dividends, you will have to declare the income on your SATR.

Ditto the above - what exactly is your concern?
        Last edited by ladymuck; 18 January 2020, 21:59.

Comment

It's not really a concern. I was just seeking advice. The last time I worked as a contractor / freelancer was 2007.

Comment

You could ask for a purchase order for a set number of days to be delivered as an when required within a set period of weeks/months. Unused days are "lost" by the client.

This seems to be a bit more flexible that a supply contract.

And put it through the company if there are going to be more of these as that would give you the opportunity to better manage your tax situation.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
            X