• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does IR35 apply if I work for a client abroad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does IR35 apply if I work for a client abroad?

While I enjoy some time off (thank you IR35) - an opportunity has come up to work part-time for the company owned by a friend of mine in Europe.

Of course, I don't want to cause his company a tulipstorm in case HMRC assessed me inside IR35 (despite, in this case, me being a consultant 150%, but you should know those folks by now). They know next to nothing about what's going on here so I assume their contracts are not drafted in a "compliant" way.

I have seen some outside IR35 contract templates on QDOS. Are those enough for me to work "outside IR35" or should I take any other precautions if I was to work with this company? FYI - the amount I'd earn would not be mindblowing - not sure they'd care much.

Apparently IR35 does apply to overseas client and it appears likely that although theoretically the client maybe responsible they'll probably chase the contractor.

I would at least get your contract reviewed.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 June 2020, 20:18.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
    X