• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any UK Tax software that provides CGT reports?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any UK Tax software that provides CGT reports?

Hi,

I've got a trading account with Interactive Brokers and I'm doing short-term trading more than investing so I've got quite a lot of transactions (some of them with multiple purchases, sales or to which the Bed and Breakfast 30 days trading rule will apply).

Trying to calculate the correct CGT amounts but:
    - I cannot use the simple online CGT calculator which HMRC provides
    - this seems impossible to be done by hand (and prone to errors)
    - the broker report doesn't seem to be taking into account HMRC rules (like how they match sales to purchases, etc).

Do you know of any specific UK Tax software that provides CGT reports, and takes into account the order of sales/purchases for the Bed and Breakfast rules?

Thank you.

Originally posted by mickael28 View Post
    Hi,

I've got a trading account with Interactive Brokers and I'm doing short-term trading more than investing so I've got quite a lot of transactions (some of them with multiple purchases, sales or to which the Bed and Breakfast 30 days trading rule will apply).

Trying to calculate the correct CGT amounts but:
    - I cannot use the simple online CGT calculator which HMRC provides
    - this seems impossible to be done by hand (and prone to errors)
    - the broker report doesn't seem to be taking into account HMRC rules (like how they match sales to purchases, etc).

Do you know of any specific UK Tax software that provides CGT reports, and takes into account the order of sales/purchases for the Bed and Breakfast rules?

Thank you.
    I highly recommend TaxCalc software. I have been using it four years, soon I will be doing my fifth tax return using it. From the website -

Capital gains calculations (with preparation of calculations schedules)
    See - Individual - TaxCalc
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      I highly recommend TaxCalc software. I have been using it four years, soon I will be doing my fifth tax return using it.[/url]
      Thanks, I'll write them to ask them if they cover what I'm looking for. It's not the first time I buy some software just to find out that what I need is not supported...

If there are other useful tools out there to help with CGT calculations guys, please let me know. I'd be interested in knowing more, although I couldn't find much.

Comment

Working...
      X